I found today’s workout both challenging and fun. There are a few exercises in it that were completely new for me, and I got to work on my balance and agility while trying to maintain proper form. I really want to stress that even tho you are aiming for speed and maximum reps, it is far more important to actually do these exercises properly. Think about it – you are going to push hard for 12 minutes – but let’s make sure that we are hitting the muscles that we are aiming for. Stay on form and push hard and you will get the maximum benefits from your workouts.
Workout Break down:
My score was 9 reps in the first round and 8 reps in the second round.
2) Beach Scissors – Left Leg
I did 20 reps in the first round and 19 in the second round
3) Beach Scissors – Right Leg
I completed 20 reps in the first round and 18 reps in the second round.
4) Fighter Lunges – Left Leg
My score was 20 reps in the first round and 17 reps in the second round.
5) Fighter Lunges – Right Leg
I did 20 reps in the first round and 16 reps in the second round.
6) 1-2-3 Push Up
I completed 11 reps in both rounds.
You will go through the sequence of the exercises above twice. Set your Gymboss Interval Timer for 12 rounds of 10 second and 50 second intervals. The entire workout will take you only 12 minutes and this is how you set your timer:
1. Hold ‘next’ button to switch the timer on.
2. Hold ‘next’ and ‘change’ button.
3. Choose 2 intervals with the ‘change’ button. The first interval is 10 seconds and the second interval is 50 seconds.
4. Set the timer for 12 rounds. On the picture below you can see what will the display of your timer look like when it’s set properly.