Friday is here again and it’s time for the last workout of this week. I like to make sure that we get in a really brutal workout on Fridays – it’s kind of turning into a little tradition for BodyRockers to get a really solid sweat in every Friday I really enjoyed this workout, not only because it exhausted me completely and I felt like an olympic athlete (haha) but also because I love pull ups. Pull ups are probably the most challenging bodyweight exercise – or at least for me – and they give you an incredible sense of empowerment once you are able do them. Going from being too weak to do a single pull up to mastering your first one is an experience that will send your confidence through the roof. Once you experience how strong your body can be, you will never want to give up on that strength – it’s one of the best gifts that you can give yourself and your family.
Enjoy your workout and watch the workout video below for explanations of each exercise and variations for beginners.
Zuzana & Freddy
I think I kicked my cold – I’m feeling much better today. I think my cold was afraid of pull ups
- 1. Sandbag Side Lunge Knee Upmax.reps
- 2. Sandbag Side Lunge Knee Upmax.reps
- 3. Burpeesmax.reps
- 4. Pull Ups max.reps
- Set your Interval Timer:40 rounds x 2 intervals of 10 and 20 seconds
Get your gear for this workout here:
For this workout you will need your interval timer, sandbag and pull up bar. You can also substitute your dip station for the pull up bar, or use two chairs and a broom stick.
Set your Interval Timer for 40 rounds and 2 intervals of 10 seconds and 20 seconds. The 10 second interval is your rest in between each exercise and your goal is to complete as many reps as you can during each 20 second interval. You will be doing a circuit of 3 exercises 10 times. Try to write down your reps for each round. This is my score:
1. Sandbag Side Lunge Knee Up (left) – 9 reps, 8 reps, 7 reps, 6 reps, 6 reps, 6 reps, 5 reps, 6 reps, 6 reps, 5 reps
2. Sandbag Side Lunge Knee Up (right) – 9 reps, 8 reps, 8 reps, 8 reps, 7 reps, 6 reps, 7 reps, 7 reps, 6 reps, 6 reps
3. Burpees – 4 reps, 4 reps, 4 reps, 4 reps, 4 reps, 4 reps, 4 reps, 4 reps, 4 reps, 4 reps,
4. Pull Ups – 5 reps, 5 reps 4 reps, 4 reps, 4 reps, 4 reps, 4 reps, 4 reps, 4 reps, 4 reps,
Extra Challenge for Bikini Season:
Don’t forget that we are getting into shape for the summer so we are doing an extra 20 minutes of skipping. I don’t know about you but I find the 20 minutes of skipping quite boring, so I decided to do intervals. Set your Interval Timer for 30 rounds and 2 intervals of 10 seconds and 30 seconds. Try to keep a moderate pace and change the style of skipping for each round. Moderate pace means that it shouldn’t feel super easy, but you are also not pushing at max effort.