So keeping up with our tradition of saving the hardest workout of the week for Friday, we are kicking it up a notch on the intensity level and doing our new 400 rep workout today. What makes this workout particularly devastating for fat everywhere is that it is hitting all of the major muscle groups, and the intensity that you put into this workout will have a direct impact on how high you rev up your metabolism and continue to burn calories at an accelerated level for hours after you have completed your training. This workout is loaded with Burpees – which I have decided are not only the official BodyRockers exercise (and my personal favorite) but also a means by which BodyRockers from all over the world can communicate beyond any language or cultural barriers our unity in fitness. In short the Burpee is an expression beyond words of our joy and thankfulness at being alive and striving to be the best versions of ourselves as possible. So when you see BodyRockers posting their Burpees everywhere videos that’s what it is all about in a nut shell. It’s like the BodyRockers secret handshake or something Call me crazy, but I love Burpees!
Zuzana & Freddy
What do you guys think of my new tattoo?
- 1) One Leg Burpee5 reps on each leg
- 2) Burpee Knee Raises10 reps
- 3) Side Burpee Knee Tuck5 reps on each side
- 4) Burpee Step Up5 reps on each leg
- 5) Burpee Roll Over10 reps
- 6) Sumo Burpees10 reps
- 7) Burpee Pull Up10 reps
- 8) Half Burpee & Jump Over10 reps
- 9) 2x Jump Lunge & 2 Taping Push Ups10 reps
- 10) Frog Burpee10 reps
Get your gear for this workout here:
Check out all of the exercises listed in the workout breakdown. You can see each one of them in my workout video and Freddy even named them for you so that you can easily follow the flow of the workout. The entire workout is made up of varieties of Burpees which is my favourite exercise there are 10 different burpee exercises and you will do 10 reps for each on of them. Your goal is to go through the circuit of the 10 exercises 4 times in order to complete 400 reps. Try to do this workout as fast as you can without sacrificing proper form. I did all 4 rounds in 1 hour 10 minutes and 22 seconds. I had to start doing push ups off of my knees in the third round, however I didn’t give up and I completed the entire workout using the easier modifications for beginners.
There are just a few basic rules to remember:
1. Whenever you are in plank, keep your body in one straight line and don’t drop your hips.
2. Always keep your shoulders away from your ears.
3. Keeping your abs tight for each move and exercise is what you should be focused on.
4. If you can’t jump in or out of plank, then step in or step out of it.
5. If you can’t do pull ups, use a chair for support and try at least negatives – which means you will control the movement on the way down without using the chair for support.
6. If you don’t have the exercise equipment (pull up bar, dip station) then repeat 2 Burpee exercises of your choice that don’t require equipment.
7. Beginners will complete at least 1 round and push for 2.
This workout is very advanced and intense, however I would like to encourage all beginners to give it a try. If you can’t do regular push ups, do them from your knees and try to bend your elbows at least a little bit.