I have been watching a lot of music videos lately, and a few days ago I came across the Destiny’s Child video for their song Survivor. I liked the song when it originally came out years ago, but I guess that this was the first time that I really paid attention to the lyrics. What can I tell you – they just got me so pumped up with energy that I felt inspired to create a workout from the song and share it here so that we can all rock it together. We are going to embed the video below so that you can listen to it before you do this workout and get pumped up too This is our song to Brutus!
Freddy and I were talking today about how great it is to have a workout friend – someone to train with that will push you to try harder and help keep you motivated. It’s great to have someone like this who won’t let you slack – someone who will keep you going when Brutus tells you to quit and eat cupcakes instead. Freddy calls them BodyRocker Buddies – which I think is a great name. Do you guys have someone like this where you are? Even if you don’t have someone physically there with you, one of the nice things is about being a BodyRocker is that we have each other here on the site You can always try and beat my scores or someone else’s, and there are plenty of people here to cheer you on
I hope that you guys enjoy your workout and don’t forget to push really hard!
This workout is 15 minutes long and it is made up of 3 parts. In the first part of the workout you will have to set your Interval Timer for 5 rounds of 10 and 50 second interval. Your goal is to complete as many reps as you can during each 50 second interval and write down your reps during the 10 second intervals. These are the exercises that you will be doing in the exact order:
1. Backward Lunge Kick Up (left leg)
2. Backward Lunge Kick Up (right leg)
3. One Arm Press UP (alternating arms for each rep)
4. 2 Kick Ups & Breakdance Push Up
5. Pike Jump & Squat Jump
Part 2 is a 5 minute count down and your goal is to complete as many reps of One Leg Squat & Jump Tuck (alternating legs after each rep) as possible.
Part 3 is the same as Part 1.
1. Backward Lunge Kick Up (left leg) – 25 reps, 23 reps
2. Backward Lunge Kick Up (right leg) – 23 reps, 23 reps
3. One Arm Press UP (alternating arms for each rep) – 11 reps, 11 reps
4. 2 Kick Ups & Breakdance Push Up – 7 reps, 6 reps
5. Pike Jump & Squat Jump – 9 1/2 reps, 9 1/2 reps
35 reps of One Leg Squat & Jump Up in 5 minutes.
- Backward Lunge Kick Up (left leg)max. reps during 50 sec. interval
- Backward Lunge Kick Up (right leg)max. reps during 50 sec. interval
- One Arm Press Up (alternating arms)max. reps during 50 sec. interval
- 2 kick ups & Breakdance Push Up (alt. sideds)max. reps during 50 sec. interval
- Pike Jump & Jump Upmax. reps during 50 sec. interval
- One Leg Squat & Jump Tuckmax. reps during 5 minute count down