So our workout marathon continues. The Hot Mess Workout is a kick ass challenge that will leave you surprise surprise… a Hot Mess.
The news from Canada is that Freddy is still pretty out of it. He is taking drops for his eyes now too. Poor Freddy. We have been keeping in regular contact which is good and I know that he is doing his best to shake being sick. Let’s all send some positive vibes his way
Part of the reason why we wanted to start this workout Marathon, is that now and then it is good to push against the edges of your current comfort zone. We are all capable of far more strength and endurance that any of us realize, and discovering that spark of power inside by setting up challenges that call us out both physically and mentally is a great way to grow. Here is your chance to see what you are made of. Push to the limit.
- Round 110 Get Ups
- Round 2 =Round 1 + 20x Backward Lunge & Sandbag Press
- Round 3 =Round 2 + 20x Sandbag Squat
- Round 4 = Round 3 + 10x Burpees
- Round 5 =Round 4 + 40x One Leg Toe Touch
Get your gear for this workout here:
This workout is like a game. You start with just one exercise and each round you are adding a new one so that in the 5th round you end up doing 5 exercises. Then you reverse the order and start with 5 exercises and work your way down to the first one.
Set your interval timer as a stop watch and start with the first round. Continue until you complete the 5th round. Stop your timer and write down your score. Now start with the 5th round and work your way down to the 1st round. Stop your timer and write down your time.
1. Start by laying on your back
2. Sit up
3. Get up.
See the workout video to see exactly how I do it. You can also help yourself up with your hands, but try not to.
There are 10 reps in each round.
Backward Lunge & Overhead Press
1. This is your starting position with the Sandbag in front of you.
2. Lunge back and press the Sandbag up over your head. Touch the ground just slightly with your back knee before you get back up. Alternate legs for each rep. Beginners can do this with just their own bodyweight and hold on to a chair.
There are 20 reps total in the 2nd, 3rd,4th, and 5th round.
Sandbag Front Squat
1. This is your starting position with the Sandbag in front of you. Keep your feet little wider apart with your knees and toes pointing slightly outwards.
2. Push you hips back and squat all the way down until your butt is below your knees. Try to keep your shins as vertical as possible and your back straight. If you are a beginner, use a light weight or just your own bodyweight.
There are 20 squats in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th round.
1. Squat down and put your hands on the floor.
2. Jump your feet back into a plank. Don’t drop your hips down – keep your body in a straight line.
3. Bend your elbows and do a push up.
Beginners can do push up from their knees.
5. Jump your feet forward into a squat.
If you can’t jump then step forward.
6. Jump Up
There are 10 burpees in the 4th and 5th round.
One Leg Toe Touch
1. Lay on your back with your arms extended over your head.
2. Tense your abs, press your lower back into the ground and lift one leg off of the floor. At the same time bring your arms up to touch your toes and lift your shoulders off of the floor as well. Return to the starting position and repeat on the other leg. Switch legs for each rep.
There is 40 reps (alternating legs) in the 5th round of the workout.