We hope that you guys had a great weekend. Zuzana and I decided to get out of West Hollywood yesterday and head to the coast. We took a 25 minute drive down Venice Blvd. to the Ocean and went for a walk along the shore. The beach area was packed with surfers, bicyclists, roller bladders and all kinds of people enjoying the sun. After checking out the beach we went to eat at a restaurant called Gjelina. We had hands down the best restaurant meal we have ever had in our lives. Have you ever had the experience of food being so tasty that it causes you to have a smile on your face the whole time you are eating and for hours afterwards? That is what we experienced – we were just blown away. I had the steak and Zuzana had the Halibut, and then we shared the most delicious Butterscotch pudding for desert It was heaven. If you ever find yourself in Venice Beach give yourself the gift of stopping for a bite – we rate this place 5 Burpees out of 5
Now on to something just as tasty… today’s killer workout
* Zuzana will be updating this post in just a little while with pictures and descriptions of each exercise – so for now watch the video and follow the workout breakdown *
- Sandbag Squat & Leg Lift50 reps (alternating legs)
- Scorpio Push Up15 reps (on each side)
- Burpee Knee Raises30 reps
- Hanging Leg Lifts25 reps (each leg)
- Sandbag Clean & Backward Lunge50 reps (alternating legs)
- Plank Jump & Stretch50 reps
- Flying Jump Lunge50 reps
- Sandbag Squat & Leg Lift 50 reps (alternating legs)
Get your gear for this workout here:
Set your interval timer as a stop watch. This workout is a time challenge so try to complete it as fast as you can. I did it in 37 minutes and 2 seconds so try to beat my time. You can see the order of all exercises in the video and the workout breakdown. Please notice that the last exercise (Sandbag Squat & Leg Lift) is the same as the first one.
Also feel free to do dead lifts instead of the cleans – I got some nice bruises from the cleans, so I would like to give you an option to avoid them.