This is the 3rd day of following my personal diet plan at 100 %. I have been bodyrocking for the past 3 years on a regular basis (about 5 days a week) pushing myself hard and being consistent. What I haven’t been able to do until now is to be consistent with my eating habits. I have had a good plan, but what has been missing is the will to stick with it. I would say that I have been eating right for about 70 % of the time. It’s better than averagge, but then I kept asking myself what kind of impact would it have on my health, body composition, and athletic performance if I followed my plan at 95 to 100% ? Would I see a major shift in energy? I don’t know, because I never tried (for a longer period of time). So after reading aunt Diana’s Rock Your Life Challenge that she sent to us on Saturday, I realized that I do want to make a change and I do want to try, because there is nothing to loose. If I stick with it, I will gain so much more than just the momentary satisfaction that you get from eating unhealthy foods that don’t support your training or long term health goals. This doesn’t mean that I won’t enjoy my favorite pumpkin pie anymore – I will, but not spontaniously and that’s the whole sacrifice in a nut shell. If you are following a plan, then it means that you are not making spontanious decisions.
My plan is very simple:
1) I will eat veggies 5 times a day with every meal (bright coloured veggies, green salads, fresh veggies, steamed veggies, and grilled veggies) and the portion size is about 2 hands cupped together.
2) I will eat complete lean protein 5 tmes a day with every meal (chicken breast, turkey breast, egg whites, fish, low fat dairy like cottage cheese, whey protein, lean red meat) and the portion size is as big as the palm of my hand.
3) I will eat every 3 hours. This will require some pre-planing and logistics, but it is possible.
4) I will eat carbs other than veggies (oats, potatoes, pasta, whole wheat bread,legumes, desserts, etc.) for breakfast and or within 2 hours after my workout.
5) I will drink hot green tea with every meal and I will also drink at least 2 litres of water a day. I don’t really drink coffee anymore but if I have a coffee, it will be only 1 cup a day (black). No pops, sugary drinks, fancy flavored coffees etc. I might have a glass of wine on special occssions.
These rules are pretty straight forward and you can be as creative as possible. My concerns are always dinners at restaurants. What if we go to some amazing restaurant and I will want to have a favourite dessert? Let’s say that I did my workout in the morning which means that the 2 hour post-workout window for carbs and desserts is already closed. In this case if I really want to have a desert with my meal I will quickly do the 4 minute workout - boosting my metabolism enough so that I can enjoy a slice of pumpkin pie. I always have a shower before we go out anyways, so why not to take the 4 minutes to do a short workout just before I get ready? That’s just one example of how to make things work for you.
If you guys want to follow this plan with me I would love to hear from you in the comments. Let’s share some tips and strategies for making this work. If we combine this with our BodyRocking workouts, I know that each of us will see dramatic improvements :)
P.S. Today I am doing one of my older workouts – can’t decide which one tho :)