There is something that we hear from people quite often after they watch our videos that sets my teeth on edge. There are a million variations of this statement, but they mostly all come out like this: “I could never do that”. Just to be clear, I’m not talking about people who have been somehow incapacitated – I’m talking about average, everyday people. The truth is when you apply that thought and belief system to any challenge, chances are you won’t fail because you won’t even start – and in fitness as in life, we all have to start somewhere. Better to hit failure and collapse mid pushup than to never even try. Even if you accomplish just one rep I can guarantee that you will rise up off of the floor stronger – both inside and out. Failure is cool because it means that you tried. It means that you cut through all of the mental and emotional BS that keeps most people in a perpetual state of self inflicted helplessness. We call the force that keeps you on the couch Brutus – he takes many guises and whispers as many different voices in your head – and the statement “I could never do that” is a declaration of allegiance to him that should never pass across any BodyRockers lips.
- Jump Lunge & Swing10 reps
- Diagonal Knee Raise20 reps
- Side Plank Leg Lift10 reps each leg
- PTTVL20 reps
- Pike Press & Knee Tuck20 reps alt.legs
- Leg Swing, back lunge, knee raise20 reps alt. sides
- Burpee for Erin1 rep
Get your gear for this workout here:
Watch the workout tutorial above to see the proper form of each exercise and easier variations for beginners.
Today’s workout is a time challenge which means that your goal is to complete it as fast as possible. I did it in 29 minutes and 57 seconds, so you guys can try to beat my score. Make sure to warm up for at least 5 minutes prior to your workout, then set your Interval Timer as a stop watch and get started.
This is what the circuit looks like:
1. Jump Lunge & Ugi Swing – 10 reps total (you have to alternate the sides as I show in the video above)
2. Diagonal Knee Raise on Dip Station – 20 reps total (alternating sides)
3. Jump Lunge & Ugi Swing – 10 reps total
4. Side Plank Leg Lift – 10 reps each leg
5. Jump Lunge & Ugi Swing – 10 reps total
6. Plank Toe Touch & Vertical Leap – 20 reps total
7. Jump Lunge & Ugi Swing – 10 reps total
8. Pike Press & Knee Tuck – 20 reps total (alternating sides)
9. Jump Lunge & Ugi Swing – 10 reps total
10. Leg Swing, Back Lunge, and Knee Raise – 20 reps total (alternating legs)
Repeat this circuit one more time and at the end do a Burpee for Erin :)
Enjoy your training!
Zuzka. (I don’t like Zuzana anymore)