At one point or another, we took our beauty regimen into our own hands, deciding what works best for us, and ignoring any incoming tips on what is bad for our skin. However, bringing to light some of the biggest beauty no-no’s is a true eye opener into just how easily it is to damage our skin. If you’re looking to avoid wrinkles, fine lines and age spots, you’ll definitely want to listen up.
Here are 7 of the biggest beauty mistakes we make:
- Over-exfoliation: While scrubbing your skin removes dead sin cells as well as trapped dirt in the skin pores, too much scrubbing can damage the skin, by scratching the surface and resulting in dry skin. Make sure to apply moisturizer post exfoliation.
- Applying pencil eyeliner on the water line of the lower lid: If you like to do this, you’ll want to make sure your eye pencil has a clean, soft and round tip, because if it is sharp or full of fragments, it can damage the rim of the eyes. It can also lead to infections.
- Not paying attention to the cleavage: While most people focus on their face and neck, the cleavage is also a delicate area that can show signs of aging if not properly taken care of. Be mindful to take care of this sensitive area.
- Not using a base before applying foundation: If you apply foundation without a base, you are making way for wrinkles, fine lines, acne and pimples. This is because the foundation can get right into the pores and clog them. The base provides a protective coating.
- Combing your hair when it’s wet: When your hair is wet, it is the most delicate, as it is subject to stretching, which, if brushed, can result in split ends and hair breakage. Wait for it to dry, then use a hair serum before coming in order to help detangle it.
- Applying makeup with dirty brushes: Doing so can lead to skin infections as well as acne. Make sure you clean your brushes regularly, and steer clear of sharing them with others.
- Not washing your face to remove makeup at night: Not cleaning it off can result in your pillow pressing the makeup into your pores, which can clog them and result in acne. Always remove makeup well, including eye makeup, which is one of the most sensitive parts of your face.
Have you been making any of these beauty mistakes?