If you think vegan eating is bland and boring, we’ve got news for you! There are many ways to prepare vegetable dishes that makes them taste every bit as good as their meaty counterparts. Sometimes, they even taste BETTER!
We prepared these vegan buffalo wings in the BodyRock Kitchen and let’s just say, they didn’t last long! Bold and spicy, these cauliflower wings will convert even the most ardent of meat eaters!
Inspired by the BodyRock Meal Plan, we know this dish will be a fast favorite at your next get together! Have a look and then give them a go!
For the wings
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1.5 cups of milk, vegan milk of choice or dairy milk if you don’t need it to be vegan
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
For the Buffalo sauce
- 3/4 cups of Frank’s Hot Sauce (or whichever one you prefer)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
For the dipping sauce
- 3/4 cups vegan mayo
- sriracha sauce, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut cauliflower into bite sized florets and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, milk, salt, garlic powder, paprika, pepper, and coconut oil.
- Mix florets in the batter until they are well coated. Place florets in a single layer on the baking sheet with as much space between them as possible.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turn and bake another 20 minutes.
- While the florets are baking, make the Buffalo sauce. Combine hot sauce, coconut oil, olive oil and onion powder in a small sauce pan. Heat over a low temperature for 3-5 minutes.
- When cauliflower is done baking, allow to cool and return to the mixing bowl. Pour Buffalo sauce over wings and toss to coat. Return to baking sheet and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Allow florets to cool slightly, and to plate and serve with dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Does this recipe look good to you? Share it with your friends!