Lemons are amazing and we aren’t exaggerating. They are great for adding flavour but are also very healthy.
Here are 10 reasons you should use lemons starting TODAY:
1. Prevent kidney stone: Consuming one half cup of lemon juice daily raises the citrate level in your urine. Studies have shown that this may prevent calcium stones forming in the kidney.
2. Soothe a sore throat: A mixture of lemon and honey can do wonders to ease the pain of a scratchy, sore throat.
3. Support weight loss: Lemon juice contains pectin which is a soluble fibre that has been shown to aid in weight loss.
4. Start your day right: Instead of grabbing for the coffee or tea first thing, grab a glass of hot water and lemon juice. It will give you a hit of Vitamin C and help get your metabolism going.
5. Stop an itch: Lemon juice has anti-inflammatory and anesthetic properties. Rubbing lemon juice on poison ivy or insect bites can help soothe the skin.
6. Aids in digestion: Dr. Oz has suggested drinking a mixture of lemon juice and flaxseed to eliminate the waste from your body more rapidly.
7. Anticancer properties: Citrus limioids are compounds that help protect your cells from the types of damage that can lead to cancer formation.
8. Potassium power: Move over bananas! One lemon can contain 80 milligrams of potassium.
9. Bring down a fever: If your temperature spikes, drinking a lemon mixture could help bring the fever down quickly!
10. Balance pH: Well our instincts may tell us that lemons are acidic, they are actually a really great alkaline food and an easy way to balance your body’s pH.
What are your favourite ways to enjoy lemons?
Do you follow us on Instagram?