Let me start out by saying that if you practice yoga, you have a yoga butt.
But I know that some of us would like to tone and firm our backsides, and yoga is a great way to go do just that.
Break out your mat and get ready to start shaping your behind with these 4 yoga poses:
- Lay on the floor on your back.
- Extend your arms alongside your body, and bring your heels close to our fingertips.
- Contract your glutes, lifting your hips into the air.
- Hold the contraction for 5 seconds, then slowly lower back to the floor.
- Do 3 sets of 20 reps.
- Lay on your stomach with your arms alongside your body.
- Contract your glutes and back, lifting your upper body and legs off the floor.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds then slowly lower to the floor.
- Repeat 10 times.
- Contract your left glute and lift your leg.
- Hold this position for 5 seconds then slowly lower.
- Repeat 10 times for each leg.
3. Three-legged downward dog
- From downward dog, lift your left leg back and into the air, while contracting your left glute.
- While keeping your hips square, hold the contraction for 2 to 5 seconds.
- Slowly lower back to starting position.
- Do 4 sets of 12 reps each leg.
4. Warrior 3
- From Warrior 1 with your right leg forward, shift your weight onto your right foot, lifting your left leg. As you lift your left leg, contract your left glute.
- Arms can go directly ahead of you or directly behind you. However, you may use a wall to assist you if necessary.
- Hold the contraction for 2-5 seconds, then slowly lower back down to Warrior 1 position.
- Do 3 sets of 15 reps per leg.
feature image sourced from carlosbaez.com
Do you follow us on Instagram?