Slimming down takes time and dedication, but with a few quick tricks you can look like you have lost weight in just a few hours. Read on to find out how you can make your belly flatter by the end of the day!
1. Drink hot water and lemon This drink is fantastic for revving up your metabolism and digestive system first thing in the morning, and can even help with inflammation! Lemon juice is also great for giving you an energy boost, so try swapping your morning coffee with hot water and lemon and, not only will you be feeling much healthier, but you won't experience the caffeine crash.
2. Try a day going gluten-free or dairy-free Many people suffer from food intolerances without even realising. A great way to test if you are intolerant to any foods is to remove them from your diet and monitor your symptoms; this should ideally be for a few weeks (if not more), but starting by cutting them out for one day could help to reduce your risk of bloating or discomfort later that evening.
3. Replace your usual snack with pineapple Bromelain, the enzyme in pineapple, is thought to assist in digestion by breaking down proteins in the stomach, according to the American Cancer Society. This helps to banish bloating. Papaya is also a great fruit for reducing bloating, so snack on a bowl of tropical fruit when you get peckish.
4. Keep an eye on your sodium intake Salt is often in far more foods than many people realise; processed foods typically contain a large amount of it. This is one of the main culprits for bloating. If you want your belly to shrink by the end of the day, check the sodium levels on your food and don't eat more than 6 grams of salt per day.
5. Eat slower You may not think this matters, but when you eat food at a fast pace this can cause air to be trapped in your system, resulting in bloating. To reduce this risk, chew your food slowly and take your time to finish your meals. This is also a great way to reduce the risk of overeating.
6. Stop chewing gum Although gum is a great way to keep your breath minty fresh, it is also sadly a great way for you to swallow even more air. Many gums also contain sugar alcohol which is also a contributor to bloating, so cut gum out for the day and see if it reduces your inflammation.
7. Stay away from fizzy drinks Fizzy drinks are a big cause of bloating as they can cause gas to get trapped in your body. To prevent this, stick to water for the day. I feel like I'm constantly telling people to drink more water, but that's only because it really is essential, not just for weight loss, but for general bodily function. Water can also help to reduce bloating though as it flushes out toxins, so increase your intake of water for the day and watch that puffy stomach shrink.
8. Eat more fibre Increasing your intake of fibre could help to banish bloating as fibre reduces inflammation because it helps your digestive system to run smoothly. If your digestive system is functioning to its full potential then you are less likely to experience bloating or constipation Remember to avoid certain fibre-rich foods such as beans and cruciferous vegetables though as these could actually make your bloating worse!
9. Keep an eye on your portion sizes If you regularly suffer from bloating after a meal then it could be that your portion sizes are too large. Try decreasing the size of your meals slightly and see if it helps with your bloating.
10. Avoid alcohol Alcohol causes digestive issues and is often full of sugar, so can result in bloating (and the awful sluggish feeling that comes with it). If you want your stomach to be flatter by the end of the day then stay away from alcohol for today.
11. Drink peppermint tea Peppermint tea aids digestion by helping food pass through the stomach quickly. It also reduces the chance of experiencing the build-up of stomach gas. Drink a cup of peppermint tea (often referred to as the "stomach healer") to not only get a flatter belly by the end of today, but also to aid relaxation.
12. Skip dessert If you are following a clean eating lifestyle then there's a high chance that you already skip dessert because they are often full of sugar or artificial sweeteners; both of which are known to cause bloating. If you want a flatter stomach by the end of the day then forgo the sugary treats and swap them for some fresh fruit (perhaps some pineapple, as mentioned earlier).
For better, more efficient and long lasting results, we'd recommend you to start working out with us in SweatFlix. Sweatflix is an online streaming platform that allows you to access & stream thousands of workouts anytime, anywhere. And just to help you get started we are offering a 30 day FREE trial.
Hurry! Sign up now and see what difference 30 days can make in your body.
If it’s been a while since you’ve moved in any kind of fitness, then start with the Beginner Bootcamp. It’s 12 minutes a day, coaches you through the moves and will get you moving again and saying YES again to your goals.
Again it’s FREE for 30 days, and requires basically no gear or equipment. If you want to speed up your results grab a weighted vest - it will make your stronger, fitter, faster, and here is an awesome BOGO deal on the vest to help get you started.
If you have been working out and still don't see much difference in your body, we'd suggest you add some weights to your training. For a limited time only, you can get a FREE set of Dumbbells when you buy our Sculpt bar and weights.
Simply click here and add this bundle to your cart. Use code 'FREEDBS' during checkout to get the dumbbells price discounted from the bundle.
We ship within Canada and the United States via FedEx with expedited 2-Day shipping.
For locations outside of the US and Canada, we ship using FedEx International, which is usually in transit for 5-7 business days, depending on location.
We ship all of our physical products with FedEx, from our warehouse location in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Signatures are required on all orders.
We offer a 30-day return policy, as long as: it is not more than 30 days past the date of delivery; and your item is in its original condition and packaging with the original order number. Refunds will be issued when the equipment is received back to the BodyRock warehouse, minus the original cost of shipping, and the customer is responsible for the costs of return shipping. To request a refund on physical product purchases, please contact us.
We cannot issue refunds on digital goods such as e-books or videos, as these are non-tangible goods that are irrevocable once the order is placed.
All of the BodyRock clothing is made to order and so is final sale. If you have any questions about sizing prior to placing your order, please contact us.