May 31, 2014
14 Day Lean Legs Challenge
Ready for our next, 14 day challenge? This one focuses on getting your legs jiggle free-just in time for the beach! Ready, set, GO! As a bonus, try this 14 Day Toned Arms Challenge! 14 Day Lean Legs Challenge Day 1: 10 High Knees/15 Calf Raises/20 Plie Squats Day 2: 15 High Knees/20 Calf Raises/25 Plie Squats Day 3: 20 High Knees/25 Calf Raises/30 Plie Squats Day 4: REST DAY Day 5: 25 High Knees/30 Calf Raises/35 Plie Squats Day 6: 30 High Knees/35 Calf Raises/40 Plie Squats Day 7: 35 High Knees/40 Calf Raises/45 Plie Squats Day 8: REST DAY Day 9: 40 High Knees/45 Calf Raises/50 Plie Squats Day 10: 45 High Knees/50 Calf Raises/55 Plie Squats Day 11: 50 High Knees/55 Calf Raises/60 Plie Squats Day 12: REST DAY Day 13: 55 High Knees/60 Calf Raises/65 Plie Squats Day 14: 60 High Knees/65 Calf Raises/70 Plie Squats DEMOS High Knees:
- In basic high knees, you need to stand still with your feet hip-width apart. Pull your right knee towards your chest and keep it there for 3 seconds. Now move it back to the original position and then repeat the step.
- Now do the same gesture with the left knee.
- Stand on the edge of a step.
- Stand tall with your abdominals pulled in, the balls of your feet firmly planted on the step, and your heels hanging over the edge.Rest your hands against a wall or a sturdy object for balance.
- Raise your heels a few inches above the edge of the step so that you’re on your tiptoes.
- Hold the position for a moment, and then lower your heels below the platform, feeling a stretch in your calf muscles.
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart with toes turned out, holding lighter dumbbells vertically in front of thighs.
- Keeping abs tight and torso tall, bend knees 90 degrees; keep knees aligned between second and third toes and weight in heels.
- Press back to start; squeeze your glutes.