So we talk an awful lot about sex on this blog - but it's totally health (and exercise!) related. That being said, we noticed a trend as of late where we seem to post quite a bit about singles or sex relating to people who aren't married. There are definitely sex perks to being married (or in a super committed relationship that is basically marriage without the paperwork), so why not put them in a list and celebrate your awesome relationship?
1. You can get it whenever you want it.
When you're married, sex is like the 24-hour diner on the corner — always open and it comes especially in handy when you're kind of drunk and just need it.
2. Morning quickies are much more likely.
Sometimes pulling them into bed right after they've showered is just the thing you need to get out of bed and get your ass in the shower.
3. You don't have to worry about STIs.
Assuming you fully trust your partner (which hopefully you do because you married them).
4. Once you're done, if one of you wants to just roll over and go to sleep or reply to a text message, it's cool.
Sex is absolutely still special and emotional and all that, but you don't need a sense of ceremony around it all the time.
5. You don't need to analyze your sex life with your friends.
Because it's just great (one of the reasons you married them in the first place) and just between you two.
6. They knows how to give you an orgasm with minimal if any instruction.
So you can just sit back and relax instead of letting them try forever and wondering when you should give them the courtesy tap because you've had enough.
7. They don't pull weird, surprising shit on you without talking to you about it first.
aka - When about to come, he's not going to randomly pull your hair and call you "mommy."
8. You never feel the need to fake it with them.
If it's not happening for you, you can just stop and resume the next day or whenever you feel like it.
9. You don't feel like you have to worry about being perfectly groomed all of the time.
You married them because they're not one of those people who expects your crotch to be perpetually hairless. They love you and don't expect or pressure you to do any more in terms of hair removal than they do.
10. Weekend afternoon sex is basically the greatest.
You've got a bed, nothing to do, and time to kill before going out at night. There's nothing like doing it and then enjoying a little disco nap together.
11. If you don't feel like having sex, it's NBD.
You don't need to overanalyze it or assume your marriage is ruined. One of you can opt out from time to time without the other busting out the DSM and texting all their friends about what it means.
12. You quite often feel like proof that the stereotype that married couples don't have sex is a bunch of crap.
You guys are still hot for each other after years and years together.
13. After you've been married 50 years, you're likely to start having more sex.
Research indicates sexual activity increases after a couple's 50th wedding anniversary.
14. All you have to do to establish that you want to have sex is give each other a look
Or send a text that's like, "can u give me an orgasm later pls." And because they're your spouse, the most wonderful person in the world, they'll just respond: "You got it."