August 18, 2015
15 Clean Food Trends That Are Happening Now
There are some health food crazes that could persuade you to want to give up that nutrition bar for a meat bar! Here are the top 15 clean food trends that are happening right now: 1 – Drive-thru Healthy Food You are probably used to thinking of a fast food restaurant and automatically associating it with fried, greasy food with tons of calories and carbs. Those days are slowly diminishing. There are numerous fast-food chains that are now offering raw, non-GMO, Paleo, Vegetarian, Vegan, and organic meals. For example, “LYFE Kitchen” bans HFCS, white flour, and white sugar at their restaurant. Below are some healthy food chains:
- Veggie Grill
- Sweet Green
- Tender Greens
- LYFE Kitchen
- Panera Bread
- Elevation Burger
- Quinn Popcorn Butter With Sea Salt: This popcorn has real butter and not just a butter-flavoured ingredient.
- Lotus Organic Millet & Brown Rice Ramen: An excellent source of whole grain and fiber. No added preservatives.
- Theo Peanut Butter Cups: These have 33% less sugar than Reese’s peanut butter cups.
- Perfect Bar: This bar has protein from milk and eggs. It also has dulse, alfalfa, and kale.
- Nii Bar: This bar is combined with quinoa and hemp, with vegan protein.
- Oatmega: This bar includes whey protein. This comes from grass-fed cows.
- February 2015 – Nestle is dropping all artificial flavours and colours from its candy.
- March 2015 – McDonald’s had announced they will only use chickens that were raised without antibiotics.
- April 2015 – Chipotle became the first national chain restaurant to offer GMO free food.
- May 2015 – Panera banned 150 unnatural additives.
- June 2015 – President Obama ordered U.S. government agencies to only serve meat that is antibiotic and hormone-free.