A convenient hookup buddy seems to take the pressure off of a lot of things. You know he'll pick up when you call, so you'll steer clear of the feeling of rejection. You're not concerned about feeling self-conscious because you don't care enough about what he thinks. And while it all sounds ideal, there's actually something very wrong with it.
While you think you're invincible in this position, keeping yourself free from hurt feelings, you're actually allowing your ego to suffer. And really, how happy are you anyway?
With that said, here are 15 ways your hookup is just making you super sad.
[bctt tweet="15 Ways Your Convenient S*x Buddy Is Really Just Hurting You"]
1. You kind of think it needs to turn into something more.
You don't actually want anything more, but you feel like that's what should happen, so you find yourself playing mind games with your thoughts.
2. You can't tell the difference between real feelings and mere convenience.
Just because you go home with him every time you're drunk doesn't mean you want to keep choosing him. It might just mean you're lazy, or scared of a real connection with someone.
3. The "arrangement" relies on ego.
All you want to do is serve yourself. There is no mutual love or respect.
4. It's hindering you from finding a real connection with someone else.
While your convenient hookup might not be anything more than just that, you're stopping yourself from actually letting someone good for you into your life.
5. It's decent sex, not good sex, but you can't tell the difference.
You have tricked yourself into thinking the sex is good enough to stick around.
6. It is merely momentary in your life.
A sex buddy isn't something stable in your life, remember that. And there will come a day when he no longer picks up.
7. You find that the person has grown on you, and feelings have mistakenly been developed.
The more time you spend with them, the more likely feelings are bound to happen, even if you know it's not what you want.
8. Someone is being led on.
Really, you're just leading yourself on. Why are you trying to sell yourself on something that isn't even good?
9. You are settling.
You are simply selling yourself short by settling for something that you don't even want a true connection with.
10. It's ruining your image of love.
A part of you actually thinks that this is as good as it will ever get in your life.
11. You are scared by how easy it is for you to settle.
Deep down you are well aware that this isn't good enough for you, yet you still catch yourself have moments of contentment that totally scare you.
12. You aren't living in the moment.
This person is just a placeholder in your life, keeping you from enjoying anything real. How can you live in the moment when you always choose to go home with your sex buddy?
13. Your Sunday anxiety is much worse.
Bad health choices and the thought of work the next day is enough to give you stress and anxiety, but your poor decisions regarding your love life? That will really put you over the edge.
14. You feel like you owe this person something.
Logically, you are well aware that you don't, but emotionally, you feel betrayed when he decides to give someone else his time, and you don't want to do the same thing to him.
15. Convenience, at the end of the day, doesn't amount to true love.
It's really just as simple as that.
Have you been caught up with someone who is "convenient"?
Source: Elite Daily
[caption id="attachment_120647" align="alignleft" width="100"]
[caption id="attachment_120646" align="alignleft" width="100"]