20 Reasons to love Jennifer Lawrence (even more than we already do)
November 25, 20133 min read
1. Before setting her sights on acting, Lawrence aspired to become a doctor.
2. Lawrence was voted "most talkative" in 7th grade. Her nickname was also "Nitro." After seeing her candid interviews, we're not surprised!
3. Lawrence grew up in Louisville, Kentucky before moving to Los Angeles to pursue her acting career. Growing up, her dad owned a construction company and her mom ran a summer camp.
4. She was a high school cheerleader.
5. Lawrence's big break came in the indie hit "Winter's Bone" (2010). Besides learning to fight and chop wood for the role, she also became skilled at skinning squirrels. Yes... really. The film depicts her character butchering a squirrel and it's 100 percent J.Law. She talks about it in this screen test from 2011 with Lynn Hirschberg
6. Lawrence is the first woman from Kentucky to win an acting Oscar since Patricia Neal's win in 1964 for her role in "Hud," opposite Paul Newman.
7. She auditioned for the role of Bella Swan in The "Twilight" Saga (can you imagine?). She also lost out to Emma Stone for the female lead in "Superbad."
8. "Katpiss Neverclean" was her nickname on the set of "The Hunger Games." It does have a nice ring to it.
9. Growing up, her family owned a horse farm. Lawrence's pony was named "Muffin."
10. Her favorite movies are "The Big Lebowski," "Harold and Maude," and "Midnight in Paris."
11. Was ranked No. 1 on Askmen's "Top 99 Most Desirable" women list for 2013.
12. Lawrence graduated from high school two years early in order pursue her acting career. She graduated with a 3.9 GPA.
13. Her film "House at the End of the Street" was delayed and seemed slated for a straight-to-video release, but Lawrence's Oscar nomination for "Winter's Bone" put it back on track, pushing the horror film to a surprising $42 million haul.
14. Before landing a starring role on "The Bill Engvall Show," she played a lion mascot in a guest turn on the show "Monk."
15. Lawrence has never taken an acting class of any kind, but has performed in local theater from an early age.
16. She nearly turned down the role of Katniss Everdeen after witnessing the effect the role of Bella Swan had on Kristen Stewart's personal life. After thinking it over for three days, Lawrence accepted the role.
17. Believe it or not, Lawrence earned her SAG membership after appearing in a commercial for MTV's "My Super Sweet Sixteen." In the spot, she portrayed a hysterical spoiled rich girl.
18. Lawrence appeared in the 2009 music video "The Mess I Made," by the indie band Parachute.
19. While attending the 2013 Oscars (where she won Best Actress), she carried a phone, almonds, a Baby Ruth, and Laffy Taffy in her purse.
20. Besides being starstruck by Jeff Bridges on the red carpet, Lawrence is apparently also mildly obsessed with John Stamos. She admitted to following Stamos around at a party, saying "dude" and "Uncle Jesse" repeatedly.
Two years later, she sat down with Lynn Hirschberg again. It's refreshing to see the same person in the same situation later on in their life. This gives me so much face that she REALLY is who she appears to be.
Sign up to get articles like these delivered right to your inbox.
Become a Bodyrocker
Be the first to know about free workouts, promotions, fitness and health advice!
Thank you for signing up!
Shipping & Delivery
We ship within Canada and the United States via FedEx with expedited 2-Day shipping.
For locations outside of the US and Canada, we ship using FedEx International, which is usually in transit for 5-7 business days, depending on location.
We ship all of our physical products with FedEx, from our warehouse location in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Signatures are required on all orders.
Returns & Exchanges
We offer a 30-day return policy, as long as: it is not more than 30 days past the date of delivery; and your item is in its original condition and packaging with the original order number. Refunds will be issued when the equipment is received back to the BodyRock warehouse, minus the original cost of shipping, and the customer is responsible for the costs of return shipping. To request a refund on physical product purchases, please contact us.
We cannot issue refunds on digital goods such as e-books or videos, as these are non-tangible goods that are irrevocable once the order is placed.
All of the BodyRock clothing is made to order and so is final sale. If you have any questions about sizing prior to placing your order, please contact us.