July 01, 2014
21 Secrets Runners Won't Tell You
Reposted from http://www.buzzfeed.com/annehelenpetersen/things-runners-wont-tell-you
1. Your running rotates around your pooping schedule.
2. Which means you know how to make yourself poop.
3. Shoes really DO matter.Sierra Trading Post, which some of us TOTALLY ARE.)
4. You lose half your weekend to long runs.
5. Running is boring as hell.
6. You always feel great post-run, but the “runner’s high” remains pretty elusive.
CW / Via vdobsessions.tumblr.com
7. And even if you’ve run long distances (10+ miles), you’ll still sometimes struggle through a 3-miler.
NBC / Via gifbay.comSometimes you hate it!
8. Losing one or more of your toenails is a very real possibility.
9. Wearing a thong is a must.
10. …your running clothes smell like DEATH.
11. Two words: SNOT ROCKETS.
12. You are incredibly specific about your running conditions, and the smallest annoyance can completely ruin a run.
13. It’s easier than you think to get dehydrated.
14. Yes, your knees will hurt sometimes.
15. You spend way too much money on shit like this.
Nathan Sports / Via nathansports.com
18. Sometimes you’ll get bloody socks when you run.Blisters! It happens.
19. You’re obsessed with your Garmin — and might even like it more than your smartphone.
20. Nipple chafing is REAL.
21. But in the end, you love it so much that all the weird and gross stuff is totally worth it.
Do you follow us on Instagram?