Reposted from BuzzFeed and wayyyy too accurate
1. “I couldn’t live without bread.”
20th Century Fox / Via gifhunterress.tumblr.comEh, you’d manage.
2. “Can’t you just cheat?”
NBC / Via giphy.com
3. “But what if you only had half a bagel?”
AMC / Via i.imgur.comThen I’d get sick. :/
4. “Are you just doing it cause it’s trendy?”
New Line Cinema / Warner Bros. / Guy Walks Into a Bar Productions / Via reactiongifs.usNope! People who have celiac disease cannot break down gluten; it can lead to diabetes, cancer, and other serious conditions if they’re not careful.
5. “Oh I know exactly what that’s like, I’m a vegan/vegetarian.”
Bravo / Via imgfave.comBeing a vegan or vegetarian is a choice.
6. “Do you miss pasta? Do you miss pizza? Do you miss cake?”
HBO / Game of Thrones / Via zap2it.com… Yes.
8. “All gluten-free food is terrible.”
FOX / Via Arrested DevelopmentOK, the 90s were not a good time for gluten-free food. But there are so manyamazing gluten-free products now! Chances are if you tried something, you would genuinely enjoy it. You might not even notice a difference.
9. “I’m gluten-free too!” *sips beer* “…Sometimes.”
SNL Studios / Paramount Pictures / Via hercampus.com
10. “I tried to be gluten-free once to lose weight.”
Warner Bros. Pictures / Via Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
11. “We’re all going out to eat, so you probably won’t want to come.”
USA / Via knowyourmeme.comWait, no, please still include me.
12. “What happens when you eat gluten?”
VH1 / Via giphy.comI will go into a detailed poop account if you want me to, but we’re at a dinner table, so Iet’s talk later.
13. “At least you don’t have to be tempted by all this food!”
VH1 / Via atrl.netWell, maybe not at this bakery. But have you heard of ice cream? Or gluten-free bread? Or gluten-free pasta? Or gluten-free cake???? I got options, baby!
14. “Science will probably change its mind in, like, three years, and you’ll be safe again.”
NBC / Via SNLYou’re right. The dozens of doctors I went to were probably all wrong, and the years of feeling sick were just a fever dream.
15. “What even is gluten, though?”
20th Century Fox / Via Home AloneDoing a Google search doesn’t hurt! There’s lots of info out there.
16. “What do you mean you can’t eat these brownies I just made? Is your diet more important?”
Warner Bros. PicturesI STILL LOVE YOU AS A FRIEND, but my tummy does not love that flour.
17. “I bet you never gain weight!”
18. “I’m on a gluten-free diet right now, it’s HORRIBLE. I’ll probably give up soon.”
NBC / Warner Bros. Television / Bright/Kauffman/Crane Productions
19. “Oh! I just read an article saying it’s not the gluten that hurts you, it’s some other kind of protein/carbohydrate/science word. Isn’t that good news?”
Fox / Via glee.wikia.comHate to break it to ya but that article probably doesn’t apply here.
20. “I can’t believe you spend that much money on fake bread products. Aren’t you broke from all this?”
Paramount Pictures / Via giphy.comWell, yes actually! But I don’t really have a choice.
21. “You’re so brave. I’d die if I were you.”
FOX / Ex Factor / Via beats4la.comHey now, don’t worry about me. I’ve got enough awesome to keep on keepin’ on!
ewhbtoptz March 30, 2021
LeoFH August 28, 2020