27 Struggles That Lactose-Intolerant People Know All Too Well
October 01, 20132 min read
Whether you are dairy-free, lactose-free or casein-free...sometimes it just sucks. I personally went dairy/casein-free three years ago for health reasons and though my body is VERY happy I did so, I definitely have moments where it gets to me. There are some fantastic substitutes and replacements out there, and I fully support the overall health benefits of cutting such things out of your diet for a variety of reasons, but it's really hard to beat the real thing. So here are 27 Struggles That Lactose-Intolerant People Know All Too Well
1. When you see a hot steamy plate of mac ‘n’ cheese and know you just can’t have it.
Via Flickr: tedmurphy
2. You can’t have any cheese, really.
3. And cheeseburgers? Yeah, not happening!
4. DESSERT? THERE ARE NO SAFE DESSERTS.
Everyone else’s dessert. Your dessert.
5. It’s never ice cream, it’s always sorbet.
6. Even health foods aren’t safe.
7. Trying to find dairy-free items on a menu can be tricky.
8. This is how you order pizza.
9. You get stuck with the vegan option when you’re not even vegan.
10. These are your new best friends, whether you like it or not.
Everyone has their favorite.
11. Most of them will break the bank.
$25 for soy milk powder?
12. Your friends always forget and cook with butter instead of oil.
13. And they tell you stuff is dairy-free when it’s really not.
14. False advertising.
15. Foods you thought were safe but actually contain lactose:
Bread. Granola. Even deli meats. WTF?
16. Amazing dairy-free discoveries are few and far between.
17. The ungodly noises that come out of your stomach.
18. You can’t partake in the latest food craze.
19. What even is popcorn without butter???
20. Coffee shops that don’t have soy milk.
And there’s no way you’re drinking your coffee black.
21. When your lactaid pills get crushed in your bag.
22. When you forget your lactaid pills, or they don’t work, and you know what’s about to happen.
23. When you’re forced to leave the party early.
This is your party now.
24. You can’t do this.
25. Or this.
26. And this can never be you.
27. Oh, and lactose intolerance usually develops as you get older.
Sign up to get articles like these delivered right to your inbox.
Shipping & Delivery
Fast, 2 Day Shipping. We want you to start your fitness journey with us as quickly as possible, that’s why we send every package to the USA via 2 day expedited shipping with our partners at FEDEX. Once your order is received and processed, it’s just 2 days to get to you once it leaves our warehouse. That’s our commitment and we stand by it.
We ship within Canada and the United States via FedEx with expedited 2-Day shipping.
For locations outside of the US and Canada, we ship using FedEx International, which is usually in transit for 5-7 business days, depending on location.
We ship all of our physical products with FedEx, from our warehouse location in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Signatures are required on all orders.
Returns & Exchanges
We offer a 30-day return policy, as long as: it is not more than 30 days past the date of delivery; and your item is in its original condition and packaging with the original order number. Refunds will be issued when the equipment is received back to the BodyRock warehouse, minus the original cost of shipping, and the customer is responsible for the costs of return shipping. To request a refund on physical product purchases, please contact us.
We cannot issue refunds on digital goods such as e-books or videos, as these are non-tangible goods that are irrevocable once the order is placed.
All of the BodyRock clothing is made to order and so is final sale. If you have any questions about sizing prior to placing your order, please contact us.