1. When you see a hot steamy plate of mac ‘n’ cheese and know you just can’t have it.
2. You can’t have any cheese, really.
3. And cheeseburgers? Yeah, not happening!
4. DESSERT? THERE ARE NO SAFE DESSERTS.
5. It’s never ice cream, it’s always sorbet.
6. Even health foods aren’t safe.
7. Trying to find dairy-free items on a menu can be tricky.
8. This is how you order pizza.
9. You get stuck with the vegan option when you’re not even vegan.
10. These are your new best friends, whether you like it or not.
11. Most of them will break the bank.
12. Your friends always forget and cook with butter instead of oil.
13. And they tell you stuff is dairy-free when it’s really not.
14. False advertising.
15. Foods you thought were safe but actually contain lactose:
16. Amazing dairy-free discoveries are few and far between.
17. The ungodly noises that come out of your stomach.
18. You can’t partake in the latest food craze.
19. What even is popcorn without butter???
20. Coffee shops that don’t have soy milk.
21. When your lactaid pills get crushed in your bag.
22. When you forget your lactaid pills, or they don’t work, and you know what’s about to happen.
23. When you’re forced to leave the party early.
24. You can’t do this.
25. Or this.
26. And this can never be you.
27. Oh, and lactose intolerance usually develops as you get older.
So no one is safe.
But hey, you know what? You’ll never cry over spilled milk.
Thanks for posting! I have started to notice that I get horrible stomach pains and feel like a rock is in my stomach since I was in college. It always happened after ice cream (which i LOVE) or pizza, and then I came to the conclusion it was because of cheese. So I have decided I have to go dairy free. https://www.ez.insure/2020/06/is-dairy-free-the-way-to-be/ – this article was helpful in showing the different options.