Cellulite sucks. There's no simple way to put it. There are so many expensive creams, serums, and lotions out there that promise to banish cellulite once and for all, but why waste your money when you can try all-natural remedies at home that are just as effective? Here are 3 home remedies that we love to combat cellulite with: 1. Coffee Scrub-use once or twice per week in the shower. Caffeine in the coffee has been known to reduce the appearance of cellulite and refresh the skin.
- 2 cups Coffee Grinds
- 1/2 cup Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Raw Honey
- 4 tbps Coconut Oil
- An exfoliating glove or dry brush (very helpful, but optional)
- Mix ingredients in a bowl.
- Massage the scrub into your skin in a circular motion for 5 minutes per butt-cheek. You may also use a dry brush as well.
- Store in an air tight container and keep in the shower for future use.
- First you need a proper brush, which you can purchase at most health food stores. Look for firm bristles—typically cactus- or vegetable-derived—or else the process won’t work, King says. A long handle is also handy to help you access hard-to-reach areas such as your back.
- Using long, upward strokes, start brushing your skin at your feet and work up your legs one at a time. Then move up your mid-section (front and back) and across your chest. Finish by brushing up your arms toward your armpits.
- Mix 3 parts apple cider vinegar with one part of your favourite massage oil.
- Gently knead this solution onto affected skin areas twice daily.
- This massage treatment will help to reduce the appearance of cellulite.