There is no such thing as a relationship that is too strong. You may be unstoppable together but it can't hurt try one or two of these things. If your relationship has hit a rough patch, read on. Here are 5 little things you can do to give your relationship super strength:
1. Learn each other’s Myers-Briggs personality type.Sometimes, proper communication feels impossible. Like your partner is speaking a different language. All couples have these moments, where you fight in a circular pattern and you just can't get off the ride. This comes from both partners having different needs and communication styles, to say nothing of the different ways we handle our emotions. Imagine how much easier it would all be if you were able to understand the inner workings of your partner. If you both agree to take a Myers-Briggs test, you can share your results and begin to really unpack what goes on in your partner's brain. When you know how someone works on a cognitive level, you will be better able to understand each other and why you behave in the way you do. This situates you to better navigate your relationship and its ups and downs. It is like traveling with a map versus traveling blind.
2. Learn each other’s love language, too.Sometimes in a relationship you can feel like you are not loved enough. It doesn't mean that you aren't, it just means that that love is being expressed in ways you may not notice. Dr. Gary Chapman, author of the bestselling book, The 5 Love Languages, says we rely on 5 different types of emotional communication. They are: gifts, words of affirmation, quality time, acts of service, and physical touch. We don't all speak the same language and are, in fact, programmed to show love in the manner we wish to receive it. If your partner likes to give gifts to show affection and you are all about quality time, it won't take long for you to get frustrated with one another. Once you learn your partner's language, you can appreciate their displays and learn to speak to each other in those love languages. If you know your partner is strong into gift giving, it will blow them away if you pick up a little something to say they were on your mind. You get the picture. If you want to learn your love language, try this online survey.
3. Exchange “This Is Why I Love You” Lists.No matter how in love you may be, doubts happen in relationships. We are still human, after all. Solve this "why do you love me?" riddle by answering the question. Make a list of everything you love about each other. Even those tiny little quirks. Use examples. These lists will remind you why you are in love. And you'll both feel reassured when you need it. Try making these lists at different stages of your relationship. I bet they become more indepth as you move forward!
4. Set Synchronized “Think Of Me” Alarms.No one likes alarms. Alarm clocks, fire alarms. Jarring and shrill. But, they don't have to be this way. Think of how wonderful you will feel when you phone goes off midday just to remind you that you are loved. Set a time, both of you, draft a text that will appear. It can be something a little naughty, an inside joke or just "I love you." Get creative. And when the chime sounds, you will both be taking a moment in your day to cherish each other. It doesn't take long, a few moments perhaps. But in those moments you will have NO doubts that you are loved to your core.
5. Leave Your Phones Behind.Unplug when you're together. You will always be able to find a reason to bring your phone but the fact is, people survived for incredibly long periods of time without cell phone technology. You can survive a date. It is impossible to give someone your undivided attention when there is a phone in your handbag or back pocket. Be disconnected together. It will be like being on your own island, together. Romantic, no? These are some good times. I like the last one most of all. How about you? What do you do to keep your relationship going strong? Do you follow us on Instagram?
[caption id="attachment_105144" align="alignnone" width="100"] @BodyRockTV[/caption]