Being a softball player growing up I am accustomed to large thighs and fuller legs. As I have gotten older those thighs started to lose muscle tone and gather unwanted fat. In addition, I am of Hispanic heritage so I generally tend to hold weight in my lower body. Although it is not possible to spot "tone" areas of your body, it is possible to increase muscle mass which will in turn enable me to burn more calories at rest. This will help blast the fat off my whole body including those trouble spots that I am accustomed to.
These 5 exercises that you can do at home will help to increase lean muscle mass in your thigh area and the intensity at which you do these will incorporate fat burning into the workout so that you are killing two birds with one stone! You will want to warm up for 5-10 minutes with jumping jacks or light jogging in place to get your legs ready for the workout.
Do each exercise for 12 reps and then move to the next. Repeat this circuit 3-4 times resting one minute in between each complete circuit.
1) Resistance band side to side squats. (see video below)
2) Sumo Squats: Stand with toes pointed out past shoulder width apart. Lower yourself into a squat until your knees are over your toes (not extended past) and raise back up.
3) Wall Sit (aim for 30 seconds) Stand back facing a wall and lower yourself down so your lower back is pressed into the wall in a seated position
4) Single Leg Squat (see video for resistance band tips) or hold on to the back of a chair, raise one leg and while balancing on the other lower your self down as far as you can go (ideally parallel) then press through the heel and raise back up
5) Reverse Lunge: Stand both feet together. Step one leg back into a lunge and lower your knee to the ground. Raise back up and return to starting position. Switch legs and repeat.
Due to COVID-19, shipping systems the world over are experiencing abnormal delays. There is an enormous demand on postal and delivery services as online shopping has skyrocketed, due to store closures and stay-at-home mandates. This is an unprecedented situation, and we are working around the clock to fulfill your orders as quickly as possible. To be clear, we are filling orders in 4-6 days, and we are shipping immediately after that. Once shipped, our shipping partner, UPS, will get your order out to you as quickly as possible. Thanks for your support and understanding.
We want you to start your fitness journey with us as quickly as possible, that’s why we send every package to the USA & Canada via expedited or standard shipping with our partners at UPS. Once your order is received and processed, it typically takes 2-4 days to get to you once it leaves our warehouse. That’s our commitment and we stand by it.
We ship within Canada and the United States via UPS with Standard & Expedited shipping (whichever is faster)
For locations outside of the US and Canada, we ship using FedEx International (EUROPE and Other Nations), which is usually in transit for 7-10 business days, depending on location.
We ship all of our physical products with UPS, from our warehouse location in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Delays caused due to custom withholds are not included in these estimated delivery times.
We offer a 30-day return policy, as long as: it is not more than 30 days past the date of delivery; and your item is in its original condition and packaging with the original order number. Refunds will be issued when the equipment is received back to the BodyRock warehouse, minus the original cost of shipping, and the customer is responsible for the costs of return shipping. To request a refund on physical product purchases, please contact us.
We cannot issue refunds on digital goods such as e-books or videos, as these are non-tangible goods that are irrevocable once the order is placed.
All of the BodyRock clothing is made to order and so is final sale. If you have any questions about sizing prior to placing your order, please contact us.