After seeing tons upon tons of DIY workout t-shirt tutorials, I decided to put them to the test and make my own!
What I love about this tutorial is that it is SUPER easy and only requires two things: an old t-shirt and a pair of scissors! I had lots of fun making my workout shirt and I cannot wait to use up old shirts and do the same thing to them also!
Here is how you can make your own DIY workout shirt:
1. Begin this DIY project with a normal old tee shirt that you do not mind practicing on in case you mess up.
2. Start by cutting off the sleeves, the collar, and the bottom of the shirt.
3.You can then trim it up neater if you would like; however, the tee is meant to be imperfect and a little messy! As you can see, I trimmed mine down in the front and I also made the straps a little thinner by cutting away more of the fabric.
4. Now, turn the shirt around and you are going to cut the back of it, downward and into a V shape-like a V neck, but in the back.
5. After cutting the V into the back of the shirt, take the string of fabric that you had cut from the bottom of the tee in step #2 and loop it through the straps near the top.
6. Next, tie a knot. Then take one end of the strap and twist around the back straps-all the way down, leaving about an inch or two left of the string unraveled.
7. Then, do the same with the other half of the string, but going the opposite direction, leaving an inch or two unraveled. Take those two ends and tie a knot.
8. Lastly, you can cut the bottom and trim up the shirt to your liking! And that is all! Your end result should look a little something like this!
Now, get your new tank on and get ready to run your first 5K!