The Super Bowl is just around the corner and you know what that means: highly anticipated commercials, alcohol, and FOOD. Oh yeah, and lots of yelling.
Don't let the Super Bowl throw your diet off of track and tempt you, leaving you feeling guilty afterwards!
Here are a few tips to help keep you in the (diet) game.
- Say NO to cocktails, beer, wine, and liquor. Or if you MUST, then at most, enjoy ONE.
- Bring your own dish or dishes. This is probably my favorite tip! If you already know that the party will be loaded with chips, cookies, dips, pizza, and barbecue, why not make a healthy fruit salad or a veggie tray for the party to nosh on? Make healthy deviled eggs, a healthier salsa or bean dip for chips, or a low carb pizza. While you are at it, bring your own healthy drink or some bottles of water, too.
- Eat a healthy meal before you go to the party. This way, you are not starving to devour everything in sight once you get to festivities.
- If you are going to snack, snack right! Start off with any veggies or fruits available and count these as "unlimited." Then move to the tortilla chips, skip the queso, and aim for salsa instead. BEWARE OF THE SWEETS or just have one if you must. I always like to create my own sweets every party we go to.
- Remember: Moderation is key. Have one, not ten.