"Hindsight is 20/20."
How many times have you heard it?
If only that hindsight could be flipped around to the front of the buggy as you move towards your next relationship. Well, there's a good chance it can be.
The important thing is that you do take time to look back, but just long enough to take stock of what happened and how it changed you. Then when you face the future, bring those lessons along.
1. Divorce teaches us the limits of what we will accept and what we can endure. Most people go into a marriage thinking it's a lifelong commitment. Knowing that you can survive the end of what you thought was forever is liberating.
The unknown, the unthinkable, you already know you can handle those. So you don't go into new relationships with a death grip on outcome. Focusing on the present state of the new relationship instead makes you aware from the beginning when things aren't right or when they are and you want to nurture them.
2. Your standards are clearer. Divorce forces us into corners, redefining what relationships mean and who we are as we exit them. These new definitions of self carry over into new encounters as we are less likely to immediately conform to the shape of a new lover's personality.
After divorce, we are more likely to recognize a bad fit with a partner early, and stand our ground about who we are and what we need. So when we do find a match, it's a stronger one from the start.
3. Knowing forever is not inevitable, you relax into the joy of finding connections with another person. You savour the sweetness in loving again instead of rushing to the next stage.
4. Time is relative. You'd rather be active and engaged in your own life than attached to someone just for the sake of having another body around. Your willingness to apply what you've learned in divorce to your new love affairs gives you the peace to wait for what is right for you.
5. Your confidence can make you more comfortable from the beginning. You may have endured negative or toxic talk from a spouse during the breaking up period, but after divorce you will, as the Whitney Houston goes, "find a point when you will exhale." The next breath you take will be the first one that you define on your own, new terms.
In finding the courage to face the end of a marriage, women often are forced to make a pact with themselves in the process. "I got this" is a common phrase. Yes, you do. And the next time you find yourself in a partnership, you will have the foundation of self-awareness that you may not have taken into your marriage.
Bottom line is that you don't owe a new partner an apology for being who you are. If you don't fit, you'll move on and save you both the pain. Because you know it is YOU who will be there for you when the chips are down, and you are just fine with you.
If the pain of divorce can leave you with that lesson, you'll be a healthier woman and a happier partner in your next relationship.
Were you able to find love again after your divorce?
Due to COVID-19, shipping systems the world over are experiencing abnormal delays. There is an enormous demand on postal and delivery services as online shopping has skyrocketed, due to store closures and stay-at-home mandates. This is an unprecedented situation, and we are working around the clock to fulfill your orders as quickly as possible. To be clear, we are filling orders in 2-3 days, and we are shipping immediately after that. Once shipped, our shipping partner, UPS, will get your order out to you as quickly as possible. Thanks for your support and understanding.
We want you to start your fitness journey with us as quickly as possible, that’s why we send every package to the USA & Canada via expedited or standard shipping with our partners at UPS. Once your order is received and processed, it typically takes 2-4 days to get to you once it leaves our warehouse. That’s our commitment and we stand by it.
We ship within Canada and the United States via UPS with Standard & Expedited shipping (whichever is faster)
For locations outside of the US and Canada, we ship using FedEx International (EUROPE and Other Nations), which is usually in transit for 7-10 business days, depending on location.
We ship all of our physical products with UPS, from our warehouse location in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Delays caused due to custom withholds are not included in these estimated delivery times.
We offer a 30-day return policy, as long as: it is not more than 30 days past the date of delivery; and your item is in its original condition and packaging with the original order number. Refunds will be issued when the equipment is received back to the BodyRock warehouse, minus the original cost of shipping, and the customer is responsible for the costs of return shipping. To request a refund on physical product purchases, please contact us.
We cannot issue refunds on digital goods such as e-books or videos, as these are non-tangible goods that are irrevocable once the order is placed.
All of the BodyRock clothing is made to order and so is final sale. If you have any questions about sizing prior to placing your order, please contact us.