Who doesn't want to kick their fat burning up a notch? Check out these 5 ways to wake up your body and your metabolism!
- Exercise. Working out in the morning doesn't just make you feel better, it also boosts your metabolism more than exercising at any other time of day. Studies have shown that people who work out in the mornings, burn more calories than those that work out later. So, get out there! Greet the sun!
- Add intensity. A recent study found that adding a 2.5 minute burst of exercise can lead to a greater afterburn all day (up to 200 calories!).
- Don't delay breakfast. No matter how busy you are, don't skip breakfast. Eating breakfast helps you keep your body at its metabolism burning best. Eat a filling breakfast first thing to keep your body ready to burn energy.
- Muscle up. Don't forget to add strength training to your routine to build calorie burning muscle.
- Midmorning snack. Snacking is helpful when attempting to maintain weight but you have to make sure you are picking the right snacks. Choose snacks with fat burning properties to help boost your metabolism. Pear with cinnamon is a perfect snack for just this reason.