May 01, 2015
7 Day Muffin Top Weekly Workout Challenge
Wednesday May 1 10 Reverse Crunches 10 Russian Twists 10 Side Jackknives 10 Side Planks 10 Bicycle Crunches Thursday May 2 15 Reverse Crunches 15 Russian Twists 15 Side Jackknives 15 Side Planks 15 Bicycle Crunches Friday May 3 20 Reverse Crunches 20 Russian Twists 20 Side Jackknives 20 Side Planks 20 Bicycle Crunches Saturday May 4 25 Reverse Crunches 25 Russian Twists 25 Side Jackknives 25 Side Planks 25 Bicycle Crunches Sunday May 5 30 Reverse Crunches 30 Russian Twists 30 Side Jackknives 30 Side Planks 30 Bicycle Crunches Monday May 6 35 Reverse Crunches 35 Russian Twists 35 Side Jackknives 35 Side Planks 35 Bicycle Crunches Tuesday May 7 40 Reverse Crunches 40 Russian Twists 40 Side Jackknives 40 Side Planks 40 Bicycle Crunches Demonstrations: Reverse Crunches
- Lie down on the floor with your legs fully extended and arms to the side of your torso with the palms on the floor.
- Move your legs up so that your thighs are perpendicular to the floor and feet are together and parallel to the floor.
- Move your legs towards the torso as you roll your pelvis backwards and you raise your hips off the floor.
- Hold the contraction for a second and move your legs back to the starting position while exhaling.
- Sit on the ground with your knees bent and your heels about a foot from your butt.
- Lean slightly back without rounding your spine at all. It is really important, and difficult, to keep your back straight, but don’t let it curve.
- Place your arms straight out in front of you with your hands one on top of the other. Your hands should be level with the bottom of your ribcage.
- Pull your navel to your spine and twist slowly to the left. The movement is not large and comes from the ribs rotating, not from your arms swinging. Inhale through center and rotate to the right. This completes one rep.
- Lie on your left side on an exercise mat with your legs extended straight downward and the right leg on top of the left. Place your left hand on your abdominals. Place your right hand behind your head. This is your starting position.
- Raise your right let straight in the air while simultaneously raising your torso, bringing your right elbow toward your right leg.
- Hold for a moment and then return to the starting position.
- Repeat for a complete set and then switch sides.
- Lie on your left side with your knees straight.
- Prop your upper body up on your left elbow and forearm. Position your elbow under your shoulder.
- Brace your core by contracting your abs forcefully as if you were about to be punched in the gut.
- Raise your hips until your body forms a straight line from your ankles to your shoulders. Your head should stay in line with your body.
- Hold this position for the prescribed amount of time while breathing deeply. That’s one set.
- Turn around so that you’re lying on your right side and repeat.
- Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground and contract your core muscles.
- With your hands gently holding your head, lift your knees to about a 45-degree angle.
- Slowly, at first, go through a bicycle pedal motion.
- Alternately touching your elbows to the opposite knees as you twist back and forth.
[caption id="attachment_105144" align="alignnone" width="100"] @BodyRockTV[/caption]