May 12, 2014
8 Ways Sugar Messes With Your Body
1. Increases your risk of DiabetesA study  showed that your risk of diabetes increases 1.1% for every 150 calories of sugar you eat.
2. Give you the bluesLive Science published a study  linking the consumption of sweets with a 40% increase in depression. How? Those with higher resistance to insulin produce less dopamine, the hormone and neurotransmitter that makes you feel good.
3. Increase fat storageSugar doesn't just add calories, but it increases the storage of fat in the wrong places: the back of your thighs and your belly.
4. Raise cholesterolHigh sugar intake leads to both high levels of bad cholesterol and triglycerides (fat in storage form), as well as low HDL cholesterol (the good stuff).
5. Make you wrinklySugar does damage both inside and out. It causes your skin to sag and wrinkle, and breaks down the fibers of elastin and collagen--the proteins that keep your skin looking good.