It is impossible to know what is happening on the inside of someone else's relationship. Impossible. Despite this, it isn't uncommon for people to throw in their two cents because they 'want you to be happy' and it is more than a little annoying when they think they have a better idea what that looks like than you do. So next time someone offers you unsolicited advice on your relationship, don't stand there dumbfounded, fire back with one of these 9 comebacks! They asked for it, right?
- "Well, no one’s perfect. But your boyfriend knows that."
- "Every couple has the same problems, I guess: stress, communication, and judgmental friends."
- "Maybe we can talk more about that over a big salad sometime. Please tell me you’re finally eating healthier."
- "I don’t say anything about your man—even though he’s a cat."
- "So, just to clarify, you think I’m an amazing and smart person who can’t be trusted to make her own decisions? Okay..."
- "I am loving this new lipstick I got. Unless you think I should feel differently about it?"
- "Sounds like you really know what makes the perfect guy. Maybe you should get out there and find him."
- "He accepts me for who I am. I can’t say that for everyone in my life."
- "I’d love to get more tips on how to be happy from you. Are you still spending all of your weekends binge-watching CSI?"