It's Spring: a time of all things new and improved. The flowers are blossoming and the birds are chirping! Isn't it lovely? But wait — what about you? We tend to forget that we also need some Spring cleaning and detoxifying. The Winter months can be so harsh on our bodies and minds as we sit inside for days waiting for the bitter cold to pass. Sometimes, it even leads to excess weight, sluggishness, and depression! Here are my 9 favorite detox tips to getting back to a newer, fresher you in no time:
- Drink more water! Aim for at least half of your body weight in ounces of water. If you weigh 120 pounds, aim for at least 60 ounces daily.
- Take up a new hobby such as yoga. Yoga has been proven to clear your mind and cleanse your body.
- Say goodbye to caffeine, nicotine, or alcohol. These "drugs" can take a toll on your body and mental health.
- Sweat! Aim for at least 30 minutes of cardio per day, even if it's simply walking.
- Get out! Go outside and deeply breathe the fresh air. This has been proven to increase your mood as well as improve bodily functioning.
- Cut out processed foods. Aim for fresh veggies, fruits, lean proteins, and complex carbs.
- Get plenty of sleep. Aim for at least seven to eight hours per night. Sleep allows our body to renew at the cellular level!
- Get a massage! Massaging has been shown to rid the body of toxins and help ease the mind. And it feels good!
- Last, but not least-de-stress with a hot bath. Here is a great detox recipe!