Let me guess. Winter is here. It's snowing. It's cold. It’s a hustle to get out of bed yet along changing into your sweat pants and heading to the gym. There is not enough time. And too many things to do. And not enough motivation....
Snap out of it! Here are a few tips to keep yourself in check during the non-bikini season!
1. Change up your workouts. Having the same workout week after week not only bored the hell out of you but will make your body hit a plateau. Keep it interesting.If you’re always hitting the treadmill or the bike for cardio switch to stepmill or cybex arc. Want to finish your cardio in less time with double the sweat? Incorporate plyometrics- your buns will thank you.
2. Keep track of your workouts- keep a log book, know what you’re going to do when you get to the gym so you have a sense of purpose.
3. Update your play list. Lady Gaga “Applause”, Katie Perry “Roar” & Pitbull ft Christina Aguilera “Feel this Moment” are my favorites. Why? They will empower you, motivate you and push you to finish those last minutes of cardio or those last sets of weights. In fact play your favorite up beat song right now & you will want to move your feet. Time flies when you’re having fun.
4. Spice things up in the kitchen. Literally! Use jalapeno, banana peppers, add spices. Mrs. Dash is good if you want to avoid ‘sodium coma’. If you are a big fan of eggs and oats in the am try mixing it all together with some strawberries and baking it - Great morning muffins with the right amount of macros. With the weather changing switch from salads to stir fries. Add a variety of vegetables to satisfy your taste buds- peppers, broccoli, snap peas, kale, mushrooms etc. Make smoothies with protein, fruits and spinach for on-the-go healthy snacks.
5. Find a buddy & you will find the necessary motivation to kick your booty into high gear. Knowing someone else there is watching and you could inspire them by breaking that barrier will make you work harder for both your partner and yourself.
6. Write yourself a note. A big one. Put in on the fridge or on your mirror so you see it. Write something that will work for you. “no more junk food”, “say yes to the gym”, “summer’s coming” or simply “just do it”. Anything that will chase your winter blues away.
7. Visualize it. One of my favorites quotes of all times is “if you can imagine it you can achieve it, if you can dream it you can become it”.
8. Take a break. Sometimes that’s exactly what you need- A BREAK! A BREATHER! Yes I said it. Relax on the couch with a movie. Meditate. Go for a walk. Take some time for yourself. Sometimes its better than any workout and it will act as a REBOOT in your busy schedule. Which brings me to my last & most important point.
9. DON’T BEAT YOURSELF UP! So what you missed one day of working out, so what if you missed one week, who cares if you made poor choices in the kitchen and the dress pants fit tighter than they used to. You’re a beautiful human (human is the key word) and just like you got OFF track you will get ON track.
Thank you for reading! I welcome all feedback. Let me know what other topics you would like me to write about :)
Sign up to get articles like these delivered right to your inbox.
Become a Bodyrocker
Be the first to know about free workouts, promotions, fitness and health advice!
Thank you for signing up!
Shipping & Delivery
Fast, 2 Day Shipping. We want you to start your fitness journey with us as quickly as possible, that’s why we send every package to the USA via 2 day expedited shipping with our partners at FEDEX. Once your order is received and processed, it’s just 2 days to get to you once it leaves our warehouse. That’s our commitment and we stand by it.
We ship within Canada and the United States via FedEx with expedited 2-Day shipping.
For locations outside of the US and Canada, we ship using FedEx International, which is usually in transit for 5-7 business days, depending on location.
We ship all of our physical products with FedEx, from our warehouse location in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Signatures are required on all orders.
Returns & Exchanges
We offer a 30-day return policy, as long as: it is not more than 30 days past the date of delivery; and your item is in its original condition and packaging with the original order number. Refunds will be issued when the equipment is received back to the BodyRock warehouse, minus the original cost of shipping, and the customer is responsible for the costs of return shipping. To request a refund on physical product purchases, please contact us.
We cannot issue refunds on digital goods such as e-books or videos, as these are non-tangible goods that are irrevocable once the order is placed.
All of the BodyRock clothing is made to order and so is final sale. If you have any questions about sizing prior to placing your order, please contact us.