This scrumptious bread will make you feel like a chef in the kitchen. How would you like a bread that is enriched with the protein your body needs. A healthy bread – who would have thought?
This recipe isn’t complex. Check it out:
- Almond Meal – 4 Cups
- Vanilla Protein Powder – 2-3 Heaping Scoops
- Baking Soda – 1 TSP.
- Celtic Sea Salt – 1 TSP.
- Vanilla Extract – ½ TSP.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 TSP.
- Honey – 2 TBSP.
- Eggs – 5
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine all dry ingredients, minus the protein powder in a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs and add in the remainder of wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add in the wet ingredients to the dry and then thoroughly mix.
- Slowly add protein powder, just one scoop each time and thoroughly mix. Go by your own judgement for adding any extra protein based on the thickness.
- Put the mix into a 5x9 inch loaf pan that is slightly oiled.
- Bake for one hour or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean once inserted in the bread.
- Let it cool and serve.
To maximize the taste of this recipe, you can either use vanilla or chocolate protein powder. Protein powders can all act different when it comes to the liquid and the brand it is. Certain brands may have increased reactive emulsifiers, which are thickening agents than other powders do. Those types of powders will make it hard to work with. It’s best to experiment with just two scoops to see how the mixture will feel and look.
For extra protein, cut out some of the flour and add more powder.
Have you tried this before? How do you feel about a healthier version of bread?
Source: The Epoch Times
Have You Taken The BodyRock 7-Day Clean Eating Challenge?
We’ve put together a 7 Day Guide that helps you to buy the right foods and prepare the meals that are going to help you eat well and create healthy habits in your lifestyle.
Learn More about the Clean Eating Challenge
Do you follow us on Instagram?
[caption id="attachment_109402" align="alignnone" width="100"]