Asparagus makes a wonderfully healthy soup and I just Love it this time of year! A nutrient dense food that is low in calories yet high in vitamins and minerals. A natural diuretic as well. Seeing as Spring has arrived, even though it's still a bit chilly outside and I'm certain more so for my East Coast friends, making a warm tasty soup such as this really hits the spot on a cool wet spring day. SLIMMING ASPARAGUS SOUP INGREDIENTS:
- Asparagus spears, 1 small bunch, chop and trim ends
- Garlic, 2-3 cloves ( I used 5 cloves, but I'm Italian...if you like garlic add more)
- Spinach, 1 bunch washed
- Himalayan salt, to taste I Love this salt ...I call it Jurassic salt because it is millions of years old and contains naturally occurring minerals.
- Cayenne pepper, pinch
- Extra virgin olive oil, 1 Tbsp.
- **Fresh basil leaves, (optional)