Two articles on the Militant Baker, one about skinny shaming, and the other about fat hate, both from the lens of a search engine autocomplete, created great images which illustrate why body shaming is not okay. It was influenced by the Feminist Autocomplete picture series. The first article was mainly aimed at fat shaming, saying what I’ve said a million times before, but that I will keep saying: all bodies are good bodies. She brings up a few pretty telling statistics:
- 81% of 10 year olds are afraid of being fat. And they're more afraid of fat than they are of cancer, war, or losing both of their parents.
- A survey of girls 9-10 years old revealed that 40% of them have already tried to lose weight.
- 95% of people with eating disorders are between the ages of 12 and 25.
- Approximately 91% of women are unhappy with their bodies
- only 4% would openly call themselves beautiful.