I totally forgot how much I love pesto and how easy it is to make!! I typically use all basil but I didn't have enough in the house so I came up with this recipe using a variety of other greens!! When I say this recipe is easy, I mean it is so easy - basically foolproof.
When in Minnesota...obviously I would serve with this adorable little canoe spreader. But seriously, how cute is this?! Enjoy!!
Awesome Almond Pesto
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds, unsalted
- 2 small cloves garlic, diced
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup basil
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil, more if needed
- In a food processor, pulse whole almonds and garlic cloves until ground well.
- Add basil, parsley, spinach, Romano cheese, and olive oil. Pulse together until well incorporated, but do not over mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Add additional olive oil if needed.