The first time I made these for my boyfriend, he flipped out. He was craving something junky, but I keep that stuff out of our house. I told him I had something better for him and whipped up these healthy finger chips! Cheat snack...SUCCESS!
- Sweet Potatoes
- 3 Egg Whites
- Garlic Powder
- Sea Salt
- Cayenne Pepper
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Slice into 1/4-1/2 inch thick pieces, then slice into 1/4-1/2 inch wide strips.
- Dip into egg whites and place on a prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, sea salt, paprika, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until fries are golden and crispy. Do not flip half way through the cooking period.
- Remove from the oven, plate immediately and serve.