April 01, 2015
Bikini Booty Bootcamp April Workout Challenge
Wednesday April 1 5 Donkey Kicks 5 Split Jumps 5 Lunge Kicks Thursday April 2 5 Plie Squats 5 Curtsy Squats 5 Step Ups Friday April 3 10 Donkey Kicks 10 Split Jumps 10 Lunge Kicks Saturday April 4 10 Plie Squats 10 Curtsy Squats 10 Step Ups Sunday April 5 15 Donkey Kicks 15 Split Jumps 15 Lunge Kicks Monday April 6 15 Plie Squats 15 Curtsy Squats 15 Step Ups Tuesday April 7 20 Donkey Kicks 20 Split Jumps 20 Lunge Kicks Wednesday April 8 20 Plie Squats 20 Curtsy Squats 20 Step Ups Thursday April 9 25 Donkey Kicks 25 Split Jumps 25 Lunge Kicks Friday April 10 25 Plie Squats 25 Curtsy Squats 25 Step Ups Saturday April 11 30 Donkey Kicks 30 Split Jumps 30 Lunge Kicks Sunday April 12 30 Plie Squats 30 Curtsy Squats 30 Step Ups Monday April 13 35 Donkey Kicks 35 Split Jumps 35 Lunge Kicks Tuesday April 14 35 Plie Squats 35 Curtsy Squats 35 Step Ups Wednesday April 15 40 Donkey Kicks 40 Split Jumps 40 Lunge Kicks Thursday April 16 40 Plie Squats 40 Curtsy Squats 40 Step Ups Friday April 17 45 Donkey Kicks 45 Split Jumps 45 Lunge Kicks Saturday April 18 45 Plie Squats 45 Curtsy Squats 45 Step Ups Sunday April 19 50 Donkey Kicks 50 Split Jumps 50 Lunge Kicks Monday April 20 50 Plie Squats 50 Curtsy Squats 50 Step Ups Tuesday April 21 55 Donkey Kicks 55 Split Jumps 55 Lunge Kicks Wednesday April 22 55 Plie Squats 55 Curtsy Squats 55 Step Ups Thursday April 23 60 Donkey Kicks 60 Split Jumps 60 Lunge Kicks Friday April 24 60 Plie Squats 60 Curtsy Squats 60 Step Ups Saturday April 25 65 Donkey Kicks 65 Split Jumps 65 Lunge Kicks Sunday April 26 65 Plie Squats 65 Curtsy Squats 65 Step Ups Monday April 27 70 Donkey Kicks 70 Split Jumps 70 Lunge Kicks Tuesday April 28 70 Plie Squats 70 Curtsy Squats 70 Step Ups Wednesday April 29 75 Donkey Kicks 75 Split Jumps 75 Lunge Kicks Thursday April 30 75 Plie Squats 75 Curtsy Squats 75 Step Ups Instructions: Donkey Kicks
- Start on all fours, with your hands directly under your shoulders and your knees directly under your hips.
- Keep your right knee at a 90-degree angle as you slowly raise your leg behind you until your thigh is almost parallel to the floor. Pulse your flexed foot toward the ceiling by squeezing your glutes. Your back should remain perfectly still in a neutral spine. The motion should be small and controlled with the muscle doing the work and not momentum.
- Return to start position to complete one rep.
- To prepare for the split jump, stand with one foot forward and the other foot back in a lunge position.
- Bend your knees slightly. Position your arms in front of your chest, elbows bent and hands in fists and touching.
- Jump up, swinging the back leg forward and the front leg to the back.
- Land with bent knees and come down into a full lunge so your back knee almost touches the floor.
- You may be tempted to lean forward as you do this move, but try to keep yourself as upright as possible.
- Once you've landed, immediately jump up again and alternate legs.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, arms by sides, elbows bent.
- Lunge forward with left leg while swinging right arm forward and left arm back.
- This completes one rep. Alternate sides.
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart with toes turned out, holding lighter dumbbells vertically in front of thighs.
- Keeping abs tight and torso tall, bend knees 90 degrees; keep knees aligned between second and third toes and weight in heels.
- Press back to start; squeeze your glutes.
- Start in a standing position with legs hip distance apart.
- Bring your right leg behind you into a curtsy position, getting as low down to the ground as you can.
- Then stand back up.
- Do the same thing again with the left leg.
- You will need a sturdy bench, stairs, or an aerobic stack for this move and a pair of dumbbells, a medicine ball, a weight plate, or a kettle bell.
- Stand with dumbbells (or weight of choice) grasped to sides facing side of bench.
- Place foot of first leg on bench. Stand on bench by extending hip and knee of first leg and place foot of second leg on bench.
- Step down with second leg by flexing hip and knee of first leg.
- Return to original standing position by placing foot of first leg to floor.
- Repeat first step with opposite leg alternating first steps between legs