Welcome to the Booty Pop Workout Series! These series of workouts contain nothing but body-weight exercises to set your glutes on fire to make that booty “POP!” What the series consists of: Five individual body-weight workouts that you will complete Monday-Friday, going in chronological order. What to do: Complete each workout per day with 3 sets of each move for the designated amount of reps. Rest for 2 minutes in between sets. Let's get started! Workout One
10 Pistol Squats
- Stand holding your arms straight out in front of your body at shoulder level, parallel to the floor.
- Raise your right leg off the floor, holding it there while flexing your right ankle so that your toes are higher than your heel.
- Push your hips back and lower your body as far as you can.
- As you lower your body, raise your right leg so that it doesn't touch the floor.
- Pause, then push your body back to the starting position, keeping your torso as upright as possible.
20 Donkey Kicks (each leg)
- Get on all fours on mat (hands under shoulders, knees under hips).
- Keeping right knee bent 90 degrees, flex right foot and lift knee to hip level.
- Lower knee without touching floor; lift again.
- Switch legs; repeat.
30 Curtsy Lunges (each leg)
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, hands on your hips.
- Take a big step back with your left leg, crossing it behind your right.
- Bend your knees and lower your hips until your right thigh is nearly parallel to the floor.
- Keep your torso upright and your hips and shoulders as square as possible. Return to start and repeat with the opposite leg.
40 Fire Hydrants (each leg)
- Place your body on an all-fours position. Elbows should be slightly bent.
- Back should be parallel to the ground, not arched or swayed downward.
- Keeping the kneeling position raise left leg out to the side, parallel to the ground. Maintain for a second and slowly return to the initial position.
- Repeat movement with same leg until set is finished. Repeat the exercise using the right leg.
50 Knee Tuck Extensions (each leg)
- In plank position, lift one leg straight out behind you into the air so that you feel the burn in your glutes.
- Then, bring that same leg up and in so that your knee almost touches the elbow of the same side of the body.
- You will feel this in your glutes, thighs, obliques, lower back and even a bit in your arms and shoulders.