Here is a healthy Fajita recipe, yummy enough for the whole family (and even the pickiest eaters). This meal is great to make on family night because everyone can cook and enjoy, together. . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COHAywT6ri8 Ingredients:
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1 large spanish onion thinly sliced
- 1 red & 1 orange pepper thinly sliced
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 4-6 chicken breasts cut into strips (skinless)
- 2 soft avocados (pureed – for guacamole, or cubed )
- 1/2 cup pureed 1% cottage cheese (to replace sour cream)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded skim milk cheese (optional – I find the cottage cheese does the trick, no extra cheese needed)
- hot sauce
- Cook quinoa according to directions and set aside in a bowl.
- Sauté onions until soft and semi-clear then add peppers. Add 1/2 of the seasoning when almost done. Stir well.
- BBQ or pan-fry chicken strips until there is no pink in the middle. Drain the liquid. Add the other 1/2 of the seasoning to coat the chicken. Stir well.
- Prepare avocado, cottage cheese, tomatoes, spinach, and cheese (optional). Place everything in small, separate bowls.
- Spread a bit of pureed cottage cheese on a wrap. Add quinoa, chicken, peppers & onions, hot sauce, and your other favourite toppings.
- Fold & enjoy!
We love feedback, so please try out the recipe and let us know what you think!
.healthy Fajita recipe, yummy enough for the whole family (and even the pickiest eaters). This meal is great to make on family night because everyone can cook and enjoy, together..