June 04, 2015
BodyRock Meet Me at the Bar Series: Butt
For this series, you will need the BodyRock HIIT Bar and weight set to complete the 5 workouts in the series. What the series consists of: Five individual body-weight workouts that you will complete Monday-Friday, going in chronological order. What to do: Complete 3 sets of each move for the designated amount of reps. Rest for 2 minutes in between sets. This part focuses on total butt toning using both your Hiit Bar and your weight plates. 5 Hiit Bar Squats
- Hold on to the bar using both arms at each side.
- Position your legs using a shoulder-width medium stance with the toes slightly pointed out. Keep your head up at all times and maintain a straight back.
- Begin to slowly lower the bar by bending the knees and sitting back with your hips as you maintain a straight posture with the head up. Continue down until your hamstrings are on your calves.
- Begin to raise the bar as you exhale by pushing the floor with the heel or middle of your foot as you straighten the legs and extend the hips to go back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
- Stand up straight while holding the bar placed on the back of your shoulders (slightly below the neck). Your feet should be placed wide apart with the foot of the lead leg angled out to the side. This will be your starting position.
- Lower your body towards the side of your angled foot by bending the knee and hip of your lead leg and while keeping the opposite leg only slightly bent.
- Return to the starting position by extending the hip and knee of the lead leg.
- After performing the recommended amount of reps, repeat the movement with the opposite leg.
- Hold on to the bar using both arms at each side and lift it off the rack by first pushing with your legs and at the same time straightening your torso.
- Step away from the rack and step forward with your right leg and squat down through your hips, while keeping the torso upright and maintaining balance.
- Using the heel of your foot, push up and go back to the starting position as you exhale.
- Repeat the movement for the recommended amount of repetitions and then perform with the left leg.
- Begin seated on the ground with a loaded Hiit Bar over the tops of your thighs.
- Roll the bar so that it is directly above your hips, and lay down flat on the floor.
- Begin the movement by driving through with your heels, extending your hips vertically through the bar. Your weight should be supported by your upper back and the heels of your feet.
- Extend as far as possible, then reverse the motion to return to the starting position.
- Begin kneeling on the floor with the Hiit Bar racked across the back of your shoulders, or you can use your body weight for this exercise.
- Sit back with your hips until your glutes touch your feet, keeping your head and chest up.
- Explode up with your hips, generating enough power to land with your feet flat on the floor.
- Continue with the squat by driving through your heels and extending the knees to come to a standing position.