Someone wrote the other day that I was “ugly”. Our posts reach a lot of people - and over the years I’ve grown a pretty thick skin. I’ve probably been called “ugly” or “unattractive” more times than I can count. I’ve also received amazing love and kindness from millions of people since I started hosting here at BodyRock. I’m not going to pretend that it doesn’t bother me to be labeled something so hurtful. The love far outweighs the hate and I’ve prided myself with the impact our workouts have had on people’s lives. It’s something that makes my heart burn all that much brighter and I try and share that right back at you guys.
Still, no girl wants to be called ugly. As I was considering all this from my own experience working out with so many of you guys (our videos have been watched just under a billion
times to date), it occurred to me that there may be some of you out there that have been labeled ugly or [insert something particularly hurtful here] by someone cruel. And maybe it really hit you hard. And just maybe you’ve done your best to forget about it or burry it or ignore it - but the fact remains that just like me - it still hurts somewhere inside. I want to let you know, as someone that stands up in front of a ridiculous amount of people on a daily basis - it’s never easy to be labeled. You might be able to brush it aside and shake it off easier, but at the end of the day it still f*cking hurts. But here is the kicker and the thing that we can do together that will make us stronger. We can train through it. We can use our daily workouts and the time we spend together to filter it out.
Put that negativity into your reps, use it to push that much harder - and you will find that instead of closing down under the weight of outside negativity, your heart will actually open, and that inner light and passion that makes each of us so beautiful will shine out. You are beautiful - and don’t you let anyone ever tell you differently - and if they do - then be the change you want to see in the world. Transform that negativity through your training and leave it on the mat in a puddle of sweat. I love you guys - we’ve got this together - because in the end life is just too short not to feel awesome inside. Let’s be that light together. Smash your workout with me and I will see you Monday!!
Today we are doing HIITMax Upper Body. It's a rest day tomorrow, so try to keep the intensity high today & finish this week in BodyRock HIITMax style. You got this!!
Set Your Interval Timers
To 50 Seconds Work & 10 Seconds Rest. Beginners Try For 30/10
Complete the Following Workout 3 x Through. Increase today's workout burn by adding your BodyRock Vest
. It's a game changer.
- Rope Mountain Climbers
- 1/2 Burpee & Pike Push Up
- Bicep Curl & 1/2 Outward Curl
- 4 Wide Leg Punch’s & 2 Squat Toe Touch's
- Tricep Dips (Behind Head) - Using The Weighted Bar
- 1 Leg Push Up, & Spider Push Up - L&R Alternate - Using Equalizer
- Front Raise & Lunge - L&R Alternate
- 1 Arm Burpee - L&R Alternate
- Walking Push Up
- Reverse Pull Ups - Using Equalizer
- Walking Spider Push Ups
- Bent Over Row & Fly - Using Weighted Bar
Post Your Scores Below.
Workout Picture Tutorial:
1. Rope Mountain Climbers
2. 1/2 Burpee & Pike Push Up
3. Bicep Curl & 1/2 Outward Curl
4. 4 Wide Leg Punch’s & 2 Squat Toe Touch's
5. Tricep Dips (Behind Head) - Using The Weighted Bar
6. 1 Leg Push Up, & Spider Push Up - L&R Alternate - Using Equalizer
7. Front Raise & Lunge - L&R Alternate
8. 1 Arm Burpee - L&R Alternate
9. Walking Push Up
10. Reverse Pull Ups - Using Equalizer
11. Walking Spider Push Ups
12. Bent Over Row & Fly - Using Weights