I came across this delicious recipe from none other than Betty Crocker (who knew!). The holidays are up and coming and I am choosing this as the perfect (and easy!) DIY gift for my friends for Christmas: their very own jar of candy cane vodka! Here is how to make your own:
- Choose your vodka. Avoid cheap vodka at all costs! The bite will hide the flavor of the peppermint. Personally, I love Grey Goose.
- Choose a good jar. Avoid plastic and stick with an air tight glass jar or bottle. I love Ball mason jars and will be using these!
- Add your flavor in the jar. Whether you are using Skittles, peppermints, chocolate, or fruit, the infusion is all pretty much the same process.
- Sit & wait. Your flavored vodka will develope over time and it is best to give it a few days to really get the most of it. Open the jar from time to time to stir. Or, as I like to do, shake it!
- Strain it. Using a small meshed strainer, strain any remaining bits or pieces that has not dissolved in your vodka. Place the flavored vodka back in the jar for storage.
- Serve & Enjoy!