November 18, 2014
Food To Be Fit: Chickeenwah Spinach Salad
I often make this for dinner, but this also makes a great next-day lunch to prepare the night before (everyone out there who lacks food-prep time in the morning, hands up!!). To prevent your salad from getting soggy overnight, keep your tomatoes, cucumber, and dressing separate from the rest of the salad and you will have a delicious, healthy, and extremely nutritious lunch.
- 1/4 cup quinoa (cooked)
- 1-2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup ground chicken (cooked)
- 1/2 tomato
- 1/4 english cucumber
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp diced almonds
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Red Chilli Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Cook quinoa and ground chicken and set aside.
- Prepare spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado.
- Plate, or organize in a tupperware container.
- Spoon quinoa and ground chicken onto the salad. Garnish with pumpkin seeds, diced almonds and avocado slices.
- Dress with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and red chilli pepper flakes (if you like some heat).