So Chipotle has definitely swept the nation as a fan favourite - but eating out isn't exactly the best idea when you're on a healthy eating plan. That being said, if your a diehard fan of Chipotle's guacamole - this may make your day. The company revealed the recipe they use to make guacamole and it's surprisingly pretty easy (and healthy).
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 2 ripe Hass avocados (In the restaurant, they use 48 per batch, multiple times per day)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand) and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
- Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!).
- Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss and coat with lime juice.
- Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary