These simple, 5 ingredient cookies are delicious and so incredibly easy to whip up in a rush! They don't have any white sugar added, but watch the amount of chocolate chips you put in as a lot of them can add unnecessary calories. Remember - moderation with everything is important! Portion control is key when adding chocolate chips to this recipe, and also when eating ONLY one or two cookies :)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 175 C/ 350 F.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mash bananas in a mixing bowl with a fork. Add chocolate chips, oats, vanilla, and oil. Mix until well combined.
- Set aside for 15 minutes. This allows the oats to absorb some of the liquid; the cookie mixture will thicken and become sticky.
- Spoon teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking tray and flatten the dough slightly. The mixture doesn't expand much.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly brown.
- The cookies are soft when they are removed from the oven. The cookies will harden slightly when they are cool.