Chocolate Covered Strawberries
(you could sub any sweetener of choice to your liking)
Sprinkle of Sea Salt - really brings out the sweetnessMake sure to rinse & dry your strawberries. The dryer the better so that the coating really sticks.
1) Melt the 2 TB of coconut in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
2) Combine the oil with cocoa powder & almond milk to thin it out a bit.
3) The chocolate sauce shouldn't be too runny but not too thick either!
4) Add in your sweetener, sprinkle of sea salt, & combine together.
5) Dip the strawberries into the chocolate mixture & lay onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
6) Once all dipped, pop the cookie sheet into the fridge for about 45 minutes to an hour or eat right on the spot if you can't wait that long!
The coconut oil will harden leaving you with a hard shell over the strawberries.
Not only are you getting the benefits of the fruit, but you are also getting the benefits of the healthy fats from the coconut oil!
If you try these out, let me know! I'd love to hear how you like them.Be true to you, Kasey Arena