January 10, 2015
Classic Butternut Squash Soup
2 pounds butternut squash, cubed
2 onions, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
4 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
1 dash ground nutmeg, ground cloves, & ground cinnamon
- Wash & peel squash and onions.
- Puree squash, onions and broth in a food processor or blender.
- In a large saucepan combine the mixture with the butter and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add cream, salt and pepper, and simmer for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Flavor with nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon to taste.