July 16, 2015
Clean Eating 101
Experts say that 80% of our health is dependant on our diet and 20% on exercise/lifestyle. Whatever the case, we know one thing for sure: “You Are What You Eat! Chances are, if you eat like crap, you will feel like crap! You can really feel the difference in your energy levels after eating a pizza versus a fresh, green sprout salad. Want to look and feel your best every day? Here are my dietary suggestions for optimal health:
- Keep it whole, keep it natural, keep it clean! Ditch packaged and processed foods.
- Labels are for tin cans! There is no one style of eating that is right for everyone their whole lives.
- Go sugar free! Use naturally sweet fruits or herbs instead.
- The food you eat should bypass the chemistry lab.
- Make it from scratch more than not.
- Eat as locally, seasonally and as much organic as possible.
- Get to know your farmers!!
- Upgrade the foods you love (infuse chocolate pudding with avocado and slip some sweet potato into the brownies).
- If you hate it, don’t eat it. There is always another way.
- Choose foods with your taste buds, your health and the planet in mind.
- Enjoy the process. Get your whole family involved, laughing while you cook makes the food taste better
- Eat slowly and chew your food thoroughly.
- Adapt your diet to the season and weather.
- Eat your most complex meal for lunch
- Remember that food not going to be perfect and that’s ok!
- Skip the microwave… I don’t trust them!
- Listen to your body after meals, it will give you signs and let you know if what you ate was good for you or not.